Missouri Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Fights for Victims of Serious Accidents
Skilled Springfield personal injury attorney seeks fair compensation for life-changing harm
Many accidents can result in injuries that are painful and force you to miss work for days, weeks or even months. However, some accidental injuries are so catastrophic that they adversely affect you for the rest of your life. If someone’s negligence causes you to suffer catastrophic injury in Greene County or the surrounding areas, RJC Law in Springfield has the experience, skill and determination necessary to litigate your Missouri catastrophic personal injury case.
What is a catastrophic injury?
A catastrophic injury is one that is so severe and debilitating that it permanently affects your life, leaving you unable to work or enjoy activities in the same way you did prior to the accident. Catastrophic injuries include:
- Brain injury — Striking your head can put you in a coma or make you unable to focus, cause you to experience amnesia or lose other critical brain functions.
- Blindness — Explosions, exposure to corrosive chemicals and objects striking your eye are some things that can cause a permanent loss of your sight.
- Rupture of organs — Sharp objects could penetrate your skin and cut into your heart, lungs, spleen or another internal organ, leaving you with lasting problems.
- Paralysis — Depending on where and how an accident injures your spinal cord, you may be unable to use one or more limbs permanently. Specific types of paralysis include monoplegia (affecting one arm or leg), hemiplegia (affecting both an arm and leg on the same side of your body), paraplegia (affecting both of your legs, but not your arms) and quadriplegia (affecting all four of your limbs).
- Loss of limbs — Amputation of arms, hands, fingers, legs, feet or toes can occur during the accident, or during subsequent medical procedures when a body part can’t be saved or threatens your survival.
- Scarring and disfiguration — Accidents can cause burns and severe lacerations of the face and other parts of your body. Some of these injuries are irreparable and leave you with physical disfiguration.
While catastrophic injuries can occur in any type of setting, they are particularly common at construction sites and in automobile accidents. If you suffer any kind of catastrophic or other personal injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, I will work doggedly to obtain proper damages in a judgment or settlement. My firm also handles workers’ compensation actions for victims who suffer severe injuries on the job.
How catastrophic injuries can affect your life
Catastrophic injuries can have effects that impair your life in many ways, such as:
- Serious and possibly debilitating pain
- Inability to be employed in the position you previously held
- Inability to get out of bed
- Inability to move around without a wheelchair and other means of artificial mobility
- Inability to enjoy sports, hobbies and other interests you used to pursue
- Inability to provide services, companionship and support to your family
- Psychological trauma
Some of these problems might improve with time, but there is no guarantee they will. If I represent you, my firm will seek damages that properly compensate you for the many types of harm that you’ve endured.
Call a resolute Missouri catastrophic injury attorney today for a free consultation
You can trust RJC Law to give you the skillful advocacy and personal attention you need when you suffer catastrophic injuries in an accident. For a free consultation about your claim, call 417-233-0073 or contact me online. My office is located in Springfield.