Springfield Wrongful Death Attorney Helps Survivors Find Closure
Missouri lawyer seeks justice for family members after a tragic loss
The loss of a family member due to carelessness or violence is a tragedy that no amount of money can truly make up for. Nevertheless, a wrongful death lawsuit can help survivors obtain a measure of justice by making the culpable parties pay for the harm they have inflicted. RJC Law in Springfield represents families who have lost loved ones in in a car crash, on an operating table or in any other incident caused by negligence or a wrongful deliberate act. Attorney Ronald Coticchio is committed to helping survivors collect reimbursement for funeral costs, financial losses and the emotional toll of having a loved one taken from them prematurely.
Firm represents family member in cases of fatalities from diverse causes
In Missouri, a wrongful death action lets family members act in the stead of the victim who can no longer assert his or her rights. Surviving spouses, along with children and grandchildren, may pursue compensation. If the decedent is a child, typically his or her parents will bring the claim. My firm provides advice and advocacy to plaintiffs in wrongful death cases arising from:
- Auto accidents — I draw on decades of experience in car and truck accident litigation in fighting for the rights of people who have lost someone in a deadly crash. A suit by survivors can seek the damages the victim could have recovered had he or she survived.
- Medical malpractice — Demonstrating that someone died as a result of medical malpractice can be complicated, and there is a legal cap on noneconomic damages, such as the loss of companionship. Expert testimony is required to prove health care professionals were negligent and also to show the pain and suffering the decedent may have endured prior to death.
- Workplace accidents — When an employee dies due to a work-related injury or illness, his or her family is entitled to death benefits under the state’s workers’ compensation system. Additional remuneration might be available if a third party contributed to the fatality.
- Defective household products — If someone you loved was killed because a household product was dangerous in design, manufacturer or lack of clear warnings, my firm will strive to hold all parties in the stream of commerce accountable.
- Birth injuries — Through compassionate counsel and strong advocacy, my firm assists parents seeking damages for loss of a son or daughter because of a prenatal injury or obstetrical errors during the birth process.
Whatever the cause of death, my firm prepares the strongest case possible to collect a fair and adequate financial recovery. Under Missouri’s statute of limitations, family members have only three years from a victim’s death to file a wrongful death claim. Though bereaved survivors have many challenges, taking prompt legal action is important because over time, evidence and witnesses needed to prove your case can become harder to locate and their memories may fade. I will start to work on your wrongful death claim the moment I am retained.
Experienced advocate works to maximize financial recoveries for survivors
Damages recoverable in wrongful death actions in Missouri include compensation for funeral expenses, medical bills incurred and pain and suffering endured by the victim before dying. Family members can also collect payments to address the income and benefits that their deceased loved one would have provided had he or she lived. With 30 years of experience, I know how these damages are calculated as well as how plaintiffs are compensated for the companionship, guidance and comfort that they’ve lost.
Contact a dedicated Greene County wrongful death attorney to schedule a free consultation
RJC Law in Springfield represents Missouri clients in wrongful death litigation arising from fatalities due to auto accidents and other causes. To make an appointment for a free consultation, please call 417-233-0073 or contact me online. My office is located in Springfield.